1. Why do you travel? I travel to discover the “new” and “different”. I travel for novel experiences, to meet new people and above all to learn. I’ve personally grown so much from traveling that I want to encourage others to get out and explore more. I travel for so many reasons and started my blog in hopes to inspire others to step out of their comfort zone and go somewhere they’ve never been.
2. What do you think of when you think of a woman traveler? I’ve actually met more solo female travelers on the road than I have male. In fact, 60% of world travelers are women, based on a research study conducted by Facebook. So, when I think of a woman traveler I think of an independent gal that marches to the beat of her own drum.
3. What was your favorite travel experience? My first ever safari in South Africa. Since I was little, I’ve always been obsessed with elephants. Of course I’ve seen them in zoos but never have I ever seen them in the wild! It was an incredible experience and I will never forget it.
4. Which place(s) do you want to go next, why? I’d love to explore more of Africa, Eastern Europe and a few more spots throughout Latin America including Guatemala and Colombia.
5. When did you start traveling? I’ve been traveling with my family since I was little. I am fortunate enough to say I’ve been to all 50 states. My Grandparents took my sister and I on a road trip through the west coast and east and then separate trips to Alaska and Hawaii. My parents also love to travel so it was instilled upon me at an early age. When I was 17, I went on my first trip abroad without family to Spain.
6. Who do you prefer traveling with? Travel can sometimes mean dealing with the unexpected so I prefer being with those who are patient, flexible and positive. I’ve traveled solo many times and while I recommend it, I’m a super social person so love having company on the road. I love being with those who are comfortable being uncomfortable since you never know what might happen.
7. Why do you enjoy photographing/writing about travel? I’ve always enjoyed writing and I think it’s because I find time flies when I’m writing. On my blog, I write and share photos relating to things to do, see, and eat in both popular destinations as well as those off the beaten path.
8. What is your favorite souvenir? As a minimalist, I don’t really buy souvenirs while on the road. That said, I’ll send postcards from various countries to family. They often keep them and give them back to me when I go home, which I love!