San Francisco is an Instagrammer’s dream with colorful Victorian houses, swings, cable cars and bay views. Capture some of the best landscape, portrait and foodie photos in America. The city is full of unique photo opportunities that require #NoFilter. Here are our top 11 bucket list places:
- Kirby cove: One of the best views of the Golden Gate Bridge is a short hike down to Kirby Cove to the famous swing! Though they took down the original swing a new swing has been brought back by popular demand. Photo by Christine of Tour de Lust, read more of her favorite places to photograph the Golden Gate Bridge HERE.
- 16th Avenue Tiled Steps: The mosaic steps on the west side of Twin Peaks were a local artist project to transform the 163 steps into a work of art.
- Pier 7: Yes, there are more interesting pier views than the touristy Pier 39! Walk to Pier 7 for a shot that lines up perfectly with the Transamerica Pyramid.
- Embarcadero center: Take a shot from above to best capture the gorgeous tiled floors.
- Sutro baths: Visit the Cliff House for views over the Sutro Baths or wander along these old rock pool ruins along the ocean.
- The View: The View Lounge atop the San Francisco Marriott is a posh spot for a drink with a view through the large arched window.
- Japanese garden: Visit Japan without a flight at the oldest public Japanese garden located inside Golden Gate Park.
- Academy of the Sciences: Geek out for a day at the Academy of the Sciences and see the unique living roof, which makes the museum more sustainable.
- Ghiradelli square: Visit the original site of the Ghiradelli Chocolate Factory and have a classic sundae or salted caramel hot chocolate.
- Mr. Holmes Bakehouse: Mr. Holmes Bakehouse serves up a delicious cruffin, a hybrid croissant muffin, and is home to the very instagrammable pink neon sign that reads, “I got baked in San Francisco.”
- Painted Ladies: Made famous by Full House, this line of seven Victorian houses frames the San Francisco skyline asking to be photographed.
Have you ever been to San Francisco? What’s the most Instagrammable thing on your San Francisco bucket list?
One thought on “Bucket List: 11 Most Instagrammable Things To Do in San Francisco”
Such a great article. So many great things to do and see in SF. Thanks for posting. It will help me when I visit beautiful SF.